Mint mobile is an upcoming pre-paid wireless service that offers good coverage with an even better price. But, where did it come from? Can we trust it? What do we know about it? Let’s get started.
- Who is the owner?
The owner of Mint mobile is Ryan Reynolds. The famous actor decided to join the fight for an affordable cell service for all users. He says he only pays himself $15 a month to keep the service as cost-efficient as possible!
- What is a prepaid wireless service?
A prepaid wireless service is a cell phone service where you pay for the service before using it. So, you will pay for three months at a time (if you choose the three-month package) then use the service for three months. This means you don’t have to worry about a monthly bill! And, the more you buy at a time, the more of a discount you’ll get for each month.
- Are there Mint mobile stores?
No. Mint mobile is completely digital. You have access to a team of customer care associates every day of the week from 5am – 7pm PST. Without them having to pay real estate maintenance or rent they can save more money, letting its users save money.
- How do I know if Mint mobile covers my area?
Check out the coverage map here. They offer various coverage over all 50 states. You can also head to their website and enter your zip code to see if they cover your area. You can input all zip codes you enter for your daily life (parents’ house, work, home, school, etc.).
- How much data do I need for each month?
You can look at how much data you use now by accessing the settings on your phone or logging to your current cell providers’ account and looking under the monthly data usage. As an example, you can refer to the chart on each amount of data below.
- 3GB – You can expect 1 app download, posting 10 photos, visit 40 websites, and send 100 emails.
- 8GB – You’ll get 10 minutes of videos, 40 minutes of music, 10 apps to download, 40 website visits, and 100 emails sent.
- 12GB – 10 minutes of videos, 1 hour of music, 10 apps to download, 125 web page visits, and 200 emails sent.
- Can I use my own phone?
Yes! Head to their website to enter your phone and determine if it is compatible. If not, feel free to buy a new one from one of their many choices.
- Can I keep the same phone number that I have now?
You sure can. Or you can get a new number when you get your new SIM card. It’s your choice.
- Where to buy a Mint mobile $5 starter kit?
You can buy your Mint mobile trial kit at Wal-Mart, Amazon, or Best Buy.